One easy way to work more garlic into your diet is by eating some first thing in the morning, before breakfast, on a completely empty stomach. As strange as it sounds, you can actually help strengthen and heal yourself by doing exactly that. If you’re thinking there’s no way I can choke down raw garlic in the morning, don’t worry about it because you should be using either roasted garlic or garlic supplements instead. Not only are coated capsules easy to swallow down with a glass of water, they also work best because they dissolve in the intestines rather than the stomach.
When you take garlic right after you wake up great things will start happening in your body and the following are the main health benefits that you can naturally derive from doing so:
1) Reduced Blood Pressure- It reduces hypertension and the risk of developing dangerous blood clots. Garlic promotes overall circulatory health because it acts as a natural blood thinner which makes it easier for the heart to pump blood.
2) Helps Prevent Heart Attacks- Garlic can prevent heart attacks by slowing and reducing the development of atherosclerosis, which is the narrowing and hardening of arteries that decreases blood flow and can lead to both blood clots and heart attacks.
3) Reduce Bad Cholesterol Levels- Studies have shown that garlic lowers the LDL cholesterol, which is the “bad” type of cholesterol that puts people at increased risk for heart attacks.
4) Stabilizes Blood Sugar- Studies show that garlic increases the amount of insulin available in people with diabetes and so it helps to regulate the amount of glucose in the blood.
5) Boost Immunity- Garlic is excellent for boosting your immune system because it’s packed with nutrients like potassium, fiber, Vitamins C and B6, and so much more. If you ever get a cold skip the medications and take some garlic instead, its been proven to help reduce the severity of symptoms associated with the flu and common cold.
6) It May Help Prevent Cancer- Garlic is recognized by the National Cancer Institute as potentially having anticancer properties. However, more studies are needed to determine how and why this is so. The anti-cancer link may be down to the fact that it helps to relieve oxidative stress, meaning its natural antioxidant properties aid our bodies in removing damage causing free radicals and thus provides protection against them.
7) Other Associated Benefits- Garlic can also help our bodies absorb minerals, improve impotence, prevent yeast infections, protect against osteoarthritis, clean and reduce fatty build up in the liver, and act as a natural antibiotic.